Monday, August 22, 2011

You'll never go wrong.



When planning an outfit, I start with one focus piece, as usual. However, instead of starting with a great skirt, or statement top, I organized this one around these magnificent eighty-eight cent socks from Goodwill. I can rarely find pieces at Goodwill that I can't live without, but these socks had me at hola. The tan button-up shirt, acid washed jeans (which I cut into shorts on a whim), and the multi-chained red necklace are my mother's. SURPRISE. The platform sling backs ($7) are an awesome find from a secondhand store called Plato's Closet. They make me feel a bit too tall, which has got to be one of the greatest feelings ever. Height, when normally is in short abundance, is such a confidence boost. I'm especially excited about the accessories of this look because the color of the belt and the necklace are such great matches to the socks, yet they're subtle enough to not be Christmas red  and green.

The only thing left to do: Not forget I own these socks...